My family moved to the area when I was in middle school. Today, I am blessed to have two amazing children call me Dad, and both my beautiful spouse’s family and most of my extended family, call Edmonton home. I am fortunate to have such a great support network that I can count on through my endeavours.
My passion for landscaping started early. I was pushing a lawn mower from house to house before I was old enough to obtain a drivers license. Then, over the next 20 years, I expanded my landscape knowledge many times over. My first landscape construction project was a lawn mowing client asking if I could replace a wall for them. I said sure and went straight to the local Revelstoke to figure out how… I apparently managed to do an ok job because the wall is still standing today!
Some of the more challenging projects I have had the pleasure to develop include:
- A shoreline armouring project that included a deck cantilevered over a lake by 20 feet
- A backyard splash park that included a 4 seasons heated tree house (my kids would love)
- A tiered pool system that incorporated a spa, a wading pool, and a swimming pool all connected with
- A home renovation that had a nano-wall which opened the dining/kitchen area into the deck, creat
ing a indoor/outdoor room.
- A heritage home where we added a garage, to not hinder the character of the home we built the
garage under ground with a green roof that became the backyard space.
My hobbies include theater, science & technology, partical physics, biking, fine food and my favorite, traveling. Since landscaping is seasonal, I have been able to visit a number of countries. One thing that I always look for in each new place I visit is botanical gardens! Through the years, I have had the pleasure of seeing a hundred gardens in 23 countries including 17 states and most of our provinces. I have a particular interest in the effect that cultural differences have on each areas landscaping style. This has had a profound influence on my own designs. I look forward to my continued learning and exploring of this wonderful industry that has become my career.